Welcome to the Christian TV, radio, music and politics section. Here you will find links to the major Christian TV stations and radio stations in the UK as well as some other useful links including information on politics – so closely tied to media.
If you know of another website which would be appropriate for this section, please contact us with details.
- Links to advice about political issues and the media
- Links to broadcasting standards
- Christian TV websites
- Christian Radio websites
- Christian music websites
- Christian Broadcasting websites with general information and links
- CARE (Christian Action, Research & Education) main feed
From the CARE website (www.care.org.uk):
‘CARE is a well-established mainstream Christian charity providing resources and helping to bring Christian insight and experience to matters of public policy and practical caring initiatives. CARE is represented in the UK Parliaments and Assemblies, at the EU in Brussels and the UN in Geneva and New York.’
Below are links to a few general (not all Christian) broadcasting standards and governing bodies should you ever need or want to make your voice heard about something to do with Christianity and the media:
- The Christian Broadcasting Council
The Christian Broadcasting Council is a Christian organisation which encourages the proclamation of the gospel through the electronic media.
- The Advertising Standards Authority
The ASA is here to make sure all advertising, wherever it appears, meets the high standards laid down in the advertising codes.
Ofcom is the independent regulator and competition authority for the UK communications industries, with responsibilities across television, radio, telecommunications and wireless communications services.
- Press Complaints Commision
The Press Complaints Commission is an independent body which deals with complaints from members of the public about the editorial content of newspapers and magazines.
- Broadcasting Standards Commission
- BBC complaints department
- Media Watch UK
‘Mediawatch-uk actively campaigns for socially responsible broadcasting and against content that is offensive and harmful, for example violence, swearing and pornography.’
- Hope FM serving Bournemouth and surrounding area plus internet
- Revival Radio – Serving Scotland and internet
- Branch FM – Serving West Yorkshire and internet
- Flame Radio – Serving Merseyside and internet
- London Christian Radio – Serving London and internet
- Soul Survivor (UK)
- Kingsway Music
- Songs of Fellowship
- ICC Records
- Amy Grant
- DC Talk
- Michael W Smith
- Rebecca St. James
Anything else you would like to see listed here? CONTACT US