Basic Statement of Faith
Please note that the statement below is a personal statement of faith. It does not cover everything that would hold true, but rather covers the very basics of the Christian faith. As a personal statement, it is not intended to necessarily reflect the same beliefs of all the content of the site as a whole, nor any sites linked to from UKCW and the other sites in the UK Christian Web network. The following statements are considered to be critical to the Christian faith:
- UK Christian Web accepts the revelation of the triune God given in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments and confess the historic faith of the Gospel therein set forth.
- The sovereignty and grace of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit in creation, providence, revelation, redemption and final judgement.
- The divine inspiration of the Holy Scripture and its consequent entire trustworthiness and supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of fallen man, making him subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- The substitutionary sacrifice of the incarnate Son of God as the sole all-sufficient ground of redemption from the guilt and power of sin, and from its eternal consequences.
- The justification of the sinner solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ crucified and risen from the dead.
- The illuminating, regenerating, indwelling and sanctifying work of God the Holy Spirit.
- The priesthood of all believers, who form the universal Church, the Body of which Christ is the Head and which is committed by His command to the proclamation of the Gospel throughout the world.
- The expectation of the personal, visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ in power and glory.
Information on the UK Christian Web network of sites is gathered from many sources, so please be aware some of these will have their own very individual distinctives. We do try to keep most content in line with what we would consider mainstream Christianity, and avoid cults (unless for informational purposes), extremes of mainstream, extreme doctrines and so on. Information on the site is intended simply to help as a ‘launch-pad’ for exploring and seeking christian content on the internet. It is not an exhaustive start point, and it is being expanded all the time. You can help us by suggest good and appropriate content for the site. Not all areas of the UK Christian Web site adhere to our personal statement of faith. In addition, some content and advertising is operated by non-Christian sites. Because of this we ask that you always use your discernment when viewing web content of any kind whether on this site or on any sites linked from here. There is no guarantee that all contant will be in agreement with the UKCW personal statement of faith since information is pulled from a wide range of sources. It is accepted for this reason that there will be differences of opinion in regards to theological and doctrinal issues both with content displayed on the site, and with content on any website linked from a UKCW site. While the aim is to keep the site mainstream, it is impossible to check the validity and background to every item of content, and every website linked to. Because of this we ask that you always use your discernment when viewing web content of any kind whether on this site or on any sites linked from here.