UK Christian news headlines and information from around the internet gathered up in one place. News items and reports are curated from different sources and not all will reflect UK Christian Web’s own opinions.
Christian Today Christian News, Updated daily
- Charismatic leader Colin Urquhart passes away from canceron 16th September 2021
Thanks have been given for the life of Charismatic leader Colin Urquhart after his passing from cancer.
- Tributes paid to 'God's general' David Yonggi Cho, founder of the world's largest churchon 16th September 2021
The co-founder of the world's largest church has been remembered as a giant of the faith and "God's general" after his passing on Tuesday aged 85.
- Social media star challenges censorship ruling in courton 16th September 2021
"I felt like at any moment there would be a knock at the door, I would open it, and the police would arrest me," recalls Kika. "I cried oceans."
- Vaccine hesitancy among some cardinals is 'a bit strange', says Popeon 16th September 2021
The Pope has admitted he is unsure as to why some Catholic cardinals are reluctant to receive the Covid-19 vaccine.
- Covid put many women off having children - studyon 16th September 2021
Covid-19 made large numbers of women re-consider plans to have children, a study has shown.
Church Times Church Times RSS Feed
- Parish is not threatened, says Welbyon 16th September 2021
THE parish is “essential” and is not under threat, the Archbishop of Canterbury has said. In an interview last Friday for the Church Times (see pages 5-7), Archbishop Welby responded to the Save the Parish campaign by stating: “There is no ‘threat...
- Archbishop of Canterbury: ‘Daily fed and guided’ in sacramenton 16th September 2021
THE first Covid-19 patient to die at St Thomas’ Hospital in London was a woman in her nineties, on Saturday 14 March 2020. Within a month, more than 100 patients had died. Among those receiving treatment at the hospital during that time was the Pr...
- Campaign launched to end misuse of non-disclosure agreementson 16th September 2021
WHISTLE-BLOWERS teamed up with MPs this week to press for an end to the misuse of non-disclosure agreements (NDAs). The campaign Can’t Buy My Silence was launched on Tuesday by Zelda Perkins, who, four years ago, broke an NDA signed 20 years earli...
- What about those who bullied me, asks Dyer, alleging one-sidednesson 16th September 2021
THE Bishop of Aberdeen & Orkney, the Rt Revd Anne Dyer, has said that an independent review of bullying allegations against her has not listened to those in her diocese “who have a different story to tell”. In a letter to clergy and laity in h...
- Alliance of 350 organisations, including faith groups, decry policing Billon 16th September 2021
THE new policing Bill represents “an attack on some of the most fundamental rights of citizens”, with the greatest impact on marginalised communities, an alliance of 350 organisations, including faith groups, has said. The Police Bill Alliance is ...
The Christian Institute - News The latest news posts from The Christian Institute
- Scot Govt's gender self-ID plans out of step with publicon 16th September 2021
The majority of the Scottish public do not share the Scottish Government’s view that making it much easier to change legal sex is an urgent priority, a poll has found.
- Former Archbishop blasts assisted suicide pushon 15th September 2021
The former Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams has blasted the latest push to legalise assisted suicide in England and Wales.
- Comedian slams NHS for ‘peddling trans ideology'on 15th September 2021
The creator of comedy series Father Ted has branded NHS training that denies the reality of biological sex: “offensive, revisionist, misogynistic balderdash”.
- BMA votes narrowly to end opposition to assisted suicideon 14th September 2021
The British Medical Association (BMA) has abandoned its support for end-of-life protections in the UK.
- Biden administration sues Texas over pro-life lawon 14th September 2021
The US Department of Justice has launched a legal action against Texas’ Heartbeat Act, which defends the unborn in the womb.
We are compiling a list of key UK Christian news headlines and information websites. We’ve made a start, but this list not exhaustive! It is designed to be a ‘launch pad’ so you can access a variety of news and information.
Let us know of a site you think should be included in the list (subject to approval). You can add your Christian news website to our links database for free.
UK Christian Web daily news curated from around the internet can be found here.