UK Christian news headlines and information from around the internet gathered up in one place. News items and reports are curated from different sources and not all will reflect UK Christian Web’s own opinions.
Christian Today Christian News, Updated daily
- What now for Barbados - and the world?on 4th December 2021
Barbados has broken with the British monarchy to become a republic. Other countries may follow suit.
- Why do the Iranian authorities keep arresting Christians?on 4th December 2021
Converts from Islam to Christianity bear the brunt of religious persecution in Iran.
- Scottish Churches sign landmark declaration to deepen relationshipon 4th December 2021
A historic declaration has been signed by the Church of Scotland and Scottish Episcopal Church to formalise a closer relationship between the two.
- Christians must be ready to pay the price for their beliefs, says Finnish bishop facing trial for sexuality viewson 4th December 2021
Rev Dr Juhana Pohjola, the Evangelical Lutheran Bishop in Finland, is facing trial in January for expressing traditional Christian teaching on human sexuality.
- Martin Luther King Jr and the question of reparationson 4th December 2021
Wale Hudson-Roberts, Justice Enabler at the Baptist Union of Great Britain, explores Martin Luther King Jr's "I Have a Dream" speech and what the civil rights leader had to say about reparations for historic racism.
Church Times Church Times RSS Feed
- Bayes praises BBC for providing ‘impartial platform of scrutiny’ in wake of terrorist explosionon 4th December 2021
THE Bishop of Liverpool, the Rt Revd Paul Bayes, has praised the BBC for its “impartial” reporting of the Remembrance Sunday bombing in his city when other media attacked the refugee and asylum system and faith groups that had supported Emad al Sw...
- C of E film places God’s love at the heart of Christmason 3rd December 2021
A NEW four-minute film has been released to support the Church of England’s “At The Heart of Christmas” campaign. Individuals, families, and small groups talk about the importance of and its preparation. They include the Patelia family, in West L...
- Zaghari-Ratcliffe ‘innocent pawn’ in UK-Iran power struggle, says Bishop of Chelmsfordon 3rd December 2021
NAZANIN ZAGHARI-RATCLIFFE and other dual-nationals detained in Iran are “embroiled in a great injustice not of their own making, in the face of which they are utterly powerless”, the Bishop of Chelmsford, Dr Guli Francis-Dehqani, has said. Speakin...
- 3rd Sunday of Adventon 3rd December 2021
WHEN it was first proclaimed, the message of Isaiah addressed the immediate future for God’s people, specifically God’s removing his adverse judgment upon them. This was not because they deserved it. It was a sovereign act of divine will. Judgment...
- Monthly churchgoing suits worshippers post-Covidon 2nd December 2021
CHURCH attendance has fallen by a third since before the pandemic. Many regular worshippers have been attending only monthly since in-person services resumed this summer, a new study suggests. For its report Changing Church, the Evangelical Allian...
The Christian Institute - News The latest news posts from The Christian Institute
- Portugal’s President thwarts moves to legalise euthanasiaon 3rd December 2021
For the second time in less than a year, President Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa has blocked an attempt to make it legal for Portuguese doctors to kill their patients
- US Supreme Court indicates pro-life move in major abortion caseon 3rd December 2021
US Supreme Court judges have indicated that they will rule to uphold protections for unborn children in Mississippi.
- Michael Buerk: ‘Freedom of speech seriously under threat at BBC’on 2nd December 2021
One of the BBC’s most distinguished broadcasters has hit out at the pernicious effect of ‘woke creep’ at the corporation.
- JK Rowling: 'I could paper the house with death threats'on 2nd December 2021
JK Rowling has revealed that she has “received so many death threats I could paper the house with them” after trans activists protested outside her house and disclosed her address online.
- Drug driving offences reach new highon 2nd December 2021
Drug driving offences in England and Wales have reached a new high – overtaking drink driving cases in several places – Ministry of Justice figures have revealed.
We are compiling a list of key UK Christian news headlines and information websites. We’ve made a start, but this list not exhaustive! It is designed to be a ‘launch pad’ so you can access a variety of news and information.
Let us know of a site you think should be included in the list (subject to approval). You can add your Christian news website to our links database for free.
UK Christian Web daily news curated from around the internet can be found here.