UK Christian news headlines and information from around the internet gathered up in one place. News items and reports are curated from different sources and not all will reflect UK Christian Web’s own opinions.
Christian Today Christian News, Updated daily
- Christians concerned about changes to financial threshold for foreign spouses and workerson 7th December 2023
Concerns have been expressed about the impact on churches and families of changes to the financial threshold for foreign workers and spouses coming to the UK.
- King visits Coptic Orthodox Centreon 7th December 2023
King Charles has paid a visit to the Coptic Orthodox Church Centre UK where he took part in an Advent service and Christmas reception.
- Almost half of Australians would attend church this Christmas - if invitedon 7th December 2023
With Christmas approaching, many Christians may be weighing up whether they should invite friends and family who are non-believers to come along to church with them so they can share the reason the season is so special for them.
- Government 'expects all UK businesses' to respect religious freedomon 7th December 2023
The government has said it "expects all UK businesses" to respect human rights, including freedom of religion or belief (FoRB).
- Many religious workers don't feel comfortable expressing faith in the workplace - studyon 7th December 2023
A major study has found that many religious workers in the UK and US feel uncomfortable expressing their faith in the workplace.
Church Times Church Times RSS Feed
- Government’s response to Hillsborough report welcome, but falls short of families’ hopes, says Bishop Joneson 7th December 2023
THE former Bishop of Liverpool, the Rt Revd James Jones, has welcomed the Government’s belated response to his 2017 report on the Hillsborough disaster, but said that he will “continue to press for further action”. On Tuesday, the Justice Minister...
- Churches help snow-hit Cumbrianson 7th December 2023
THE Vicar of Hawkshead, Canon John Dixon, found himself with 25 unexpected house guests after a blizzard hit Cumbria on Saturday afternoon, depositing up to one foot of snow, and leaving hundreds of people stranded overnight. Roads rapidly became ...
- End bombing of Gaza, religious leaders urgeon 7th December 2023
ISRAEL’s “relentless and unrestrained bombing campaign with horrific indiscriminate effects” must end, religious leaders, including the Bishop of Southwark, the Rt Revd Christopher Chessun, have said. In a joint statement, the 68 bishops and churc...
- COP28: In the midst of war, climate talks can help with peace-building, says Naoumon 6th December 2023
THE Archbishop in Jerusalem and Primate of the Episcopal Church in Jerusalem and the Middle East, Dr Hosam Naoum, has said that he hopes that tackling climate change at COP28 can make a positive contribution to reconciliation and peace-building, e...
- Most Christians happy to share their faith, survey suggestson 5th December 2023
THE majority of Christians are confident about spreading the gospel to others — especially people from the same social background, a new survey suggests. The survey, conducted by Savanta, was commissioned by the London City Mission. In September, ...
The Christian Institute - News The latest news posts from The Christian Institute
- Detransitioner: 'Protect kids from opening Pandora's box of gender ideology'on 7th December 2023
A woman who underwent a double mastectomy at just 22 years old in an attempt to appear male has urged the US state of Ohio to protect gender-confused children from ever opening the “Pandora’s Box of gender ideology”.
- Ofcom starts quest to make porn websites inaccessible to kidson 7th December 2023
New draft guidance from Ofcom intends to make it much harder for under-18s to access pornography websites, in keeping with the requirements of the new Online Safety Act.
- Angling Trust updates policy to bar men from women’s competitionson 7th December 2023
Men will no longer be able to compete in female only angling events, the sport’s governing body in England has announced.
- CI: 'Irish SPHE curriculum needs drastic changes'on 6th December 2023
The National Council for Curriculum and Assessment (NCCA) must make significant improvements to its draft specification for Senior Cycle SPHE, The Christian Institute has said.
- Canadian powerlifter appeals ban for defending women's sportson 6th December 2023
A female powerlifter is appealing against her suspension from the Canadian Powerlifting Union (CPU), after she was banned for publicly upholding the importance of biological sex in women’s sports.