UK Christian news headlines and information from around the internet gathered up in one place. News items and reports are curated from different sources and not all will reflect UK Christian Web’s own opinions.
Christian Today Christian News, Updated daily
- Alarm over street pastor's 'brutal' arreston 29th April 2021
Christians have expressed their concern over the arrest of a street pastor in north-west London last week over his comments on marriage and gender.
- Mentoring scheme launched to encourage Christians to go into the mediaon 29th April 2021
Young Christians hoping to take their first steps into the media are being invited to apply to a new mentoring scheme launched by UK charity Christians in Media.
- Dozens of Christians killed in week of violence in Nigeriaon 29th April 2021
Radicalised Fulani herdsmen killed 10 Christians sheltering in a camp for displaced people in north-central Nigeria on Monday night.
- Married Hillsong creative director resigns over lewd photoson 29th April 2021
The creative director of a Hillsong Church in New Jersey has resigned over inappropriate photos sent to a volunteer.
- Racism in the Church of England: what's the answer?on 29th April 2021
The recommendations of the Church of England's race report may be well-meaning in seeking to address the injustice of racism in the Church, but my trouble with them is that they are just critical race theory dressed in theological clothing.
Church Times Church Times RSS Feed
- C of E issues a pre-course for Living in Love and Faith debateson 5th May 2021
A NEW course has been produced to kickstart parish debates about Living in Love and Faith (LLF), the C of E’s discussion document on sexuality. LLF was published on 9 November (News, 30 October 2020, 13 November 2020), and 2021 was set aside for d...
- Line of Duty: if we want a better ending, it’s up to uson 5th May 2021
THE Line of Duty finale was, by wide though not universal consent, disappointing. “So . . . that was it?” my teenage son said, as the credits rolled and it became clear that there was no final trick up Jed Mercurio’s sleeve, and that there were no...
- Marriage registers go digital — apart from the paper. And the registeron 4th May 2021
MARRIAGE registers, a legal requirement for churches since 1837, closed for ever on Tuesday, as new regulations came into force, replacing them with a single electronic register (News, 16 August 2019). Clergy no longer have responsibility for regi...
- Pandemic forces Greenbelt to cancel 2021 festivalon 4th May 2021
THE Greenbelt organisers announced on Tuesday that, for the second year running, there will be no live festival. All those who have booked in advance are to be offered a refund. Although the arts and activism festival was due to take place over th...
- This is the parable of the European Super Leagueon 4th May 2021
IT IS not often that sport dominates newspapers’ front and the back pages, but, over the past few weeks, the fiasco over the European Super League (ESL) has made headlines around the world. Twelve of the biggest football clubs in Europe decided th...
The Christian Institute - News The latest news posts from The Christian Institute
- CI threatens legal challenge over ban on 'wrong kind of prayer'on 5th May 2021
The Christian Institute has threatened the Government with legal action if a proposed conversion therapy ban outlaws the ‘wrong kind of prayer’.
- Smoking cannabis impairs drivers' vision, study showson 5th May 2021
Smoking cannabis inhibits the ability to drive safely as it impairs eyesight, a new study has indicated.
- UK slashes aid for UN abortion supplies programmeon 30th April 2021
The Foreign and Commonwealth Development Office (FCDO) has reduced its funding for the United Nations’ abortion programme by 85 per cent this year.
- Senior academic calls for universities to help end cancel cultureon 30th April 2021
The President of University College London (UCL) has called on universities to teach students how to better disagree with one another in order to defeat ‘cancel culture’.
- Unborn babies react to mother’s voice and touch, study confirmson 30th April 2021
Unborn babies respond positively to their mothers talking to or stroking their ‘baby bumps’, a study has shown.
We are compiling a list of key UK Christian news headlines and information websites. We’ve made a start, but this list not exhaustive! It is designed to be a ‘launch pad’ so you can access a variety of news and information.
Let us know of a site you think should be included in the list (subject to approval). You can add your Christian news website to our links database for free.
[link-library settings=”1″ categorylistoverride=”970″]
UK Christian Web daily news curated from around the internet can be found here.