Welcome to the Christian TV, radio, music and politics section. Here you will find links to the major Christian TV stations and radio stations in the UK as well as some other useful links including information on politics – so closely tied to media.
If you know of another website which would be appropriate for this section, please contact us with details.
- Links to advice about political issues and advocacy
- Links to broadcasting standards
- Christian TV websites
- Christian Radio websites
- Christian music websites
- CARE (Christian Action, Research & Education)
‘For more than 35 years, CARE has been a voice for truth in the public square. ‘
- Evangelical Alliance – public policy
‘The Evangelical Alliance has been speaking up for Jesus in society for more than 170 years because we passionately believe that Jesus is good news for society and that Christians should be deeply involved in every part of our world.’
- The Christian Institute
‘The Christian Institute exists for the furtherance and promotion of the Christian religion in the United Kingdom and elsewhere.’
- Christian Medical Fellowship
‘We empower members in their workplace, through government and in the media to advocate for vulnerable people;
we publish peer-reviewed and clearly written resources; and make authoritative submissions to government and other official bodies.’
Below are links to a few general (not all Christian) broadcasting standards and governing bodies should you ever need or want to make your voice heard about something to do with Christianity and the media:
- The Christian Broadcasting Council
The Christian Broadcasting Council is a Christian organisation which encourages the proclamation of the gospel through the electronic media.
- The Advertising Standards Authority
The ASA is here to make sure all advertising, wherever it appears, meets the high standards laid down in the advertising codes.
Ofcom is the independent regulator and competition authority for the UK communications industries, with responsibilities across television, radio, telecommunications and wireless communications services.
- Press Complaints Commision
The Press Complaints Commission is an independent body which deals with complaints from members of the public about the editorial content of newspapers and magazines.
- Broadcasting Standards Commission
- BBC complaints department
- Media Watch UK
‘Mediawatch-uk actively campaigns for socially responsible broadcasting and against content that is offensive and harmful, for example violence, swearing and pornography.’
- Hope FM serving Bournemouth and surrounding area plus internet
- Revival Radio – Serving Scotland and internet
- Branch FM – Serving West Yorkshire and internet
- Flame Radio – Serving Merseyside and internet
- London Christian Radio – Serving London and internet